STEP 1: Enable utag.sync.js file creation
- In Tealium iQ, click the "Save/Publish" button in in the upper right corner.
- The Save/Publish window will appear. Click the "Configure Publish Settings" button in the upper right corner.
- The Publish Configuration settings will appear. Make sure the "General Publishing" tab is selected.
- Scroll down to the "Implementation" listing then enable the "Generate utag.sync.js" toggle.
- Click "Save" to apply the setting.
STEP 2: Add the utag.sync.js script to all pages where tests will be performed. Here's how to access the script:
- Drop down your email-address/name in the top right corner and select 'Code Center'.
- In the left panel of the Code Center, select the environment of your choice. The corresponding code is displayed in the right panel.
- Select the "Sample HTML" tab and copy the utag.sync.js script.
- Copy the script and add it to the <head></head> section of your page's HTML.
STEP 3: Edit Your Existing Template to include your Ascend snippet
- Drop down your email-address/name in the top right corner and select 'Manage Templates'.
- Drop down the template listing and select "uTag Sync (Profile)".
- Paste the below block of code below in the text editor. (Replace "
XXXXXXXX-X" with your Ascend snippet number)
4. Click 'Save Profile Template' and close the template window.
STEP 4: Save/Publish your profile.