How does Ascend work?
1. Ascend snippet is installed
For simplicity’s sake, many teams will add the snippet sitewide; however, you can choose to add the code on specific pages that you want to test.
2. User visits webpage and Ascend JS is downloaded
3. Ascend JS executes and makes asynchronous request to cloud
Ascend’s cloud architecture consists of a globally distributed CDN and AI service.
The snippet placed on the site will execute and make an asynchronous request to the Ascend cloud to receive the necessary information for the experiment, including the following:
1. Which test group a given user belongs to
2. Candidate instructions to render the unique presentation of the page
3. The conversion event information if the user converts on the site
4. Webpage is updated
The candidate instructions are returned as JSON, and the changes are applied to the page for the user to experience.
And with appropriate integration, the Ascend updates are all applied before first paint!
For any additional questions related to Ascend's Architecture, please reach out to your Solutions Engineer or contact email@example.com